GET "STOW" READY - How to Prepare for STOW Certification
July 13th, 2010
Cara Suites Hotel and Conference Center, Claxton Bay
Registration is closed or not required.
The major oil and gas companies signed the Safe TO Work Charter in January 2010 indicating their mutual support of STOW and their intention to adopt STOW to manage their contractor safety.
STOW certification is becoming mandatory to prequalify for work with the 18 companies that signed the STOW Charter.
The Energy Chamber is helping you get ready for STOW Certification by hosting 12 one - day workshops for Contractors on How to Prepare for STOW Certification.
The workshops will be facilitated by STOW Senior Independent Assessors trained by Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
1. Understand what is required of an organization to demonstrate compliance to the STOW Minimum HSE Requirements.
2. Be able to assist their organizations with the implementation of the STOW Minimum HSE Requirements.
3. Be able to assess the readiness of their organizations for STOW certification.
Organizations would otherwise have to contract the services of a STOW Independent Assessor for advice on STOW.
Contractors and service suppliers in the energy sector, preferably a minimum of two persons per organization including one person from Human Resources and another directly involved in HSE at the organization.
There will be two workshops per month over a six month period. Interested persons can select from any one of the one-day workshops which will each be held from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The workshops are designed to allow participants to work on the gaps in their respective organizations. Interested persons are therefore asked to:
1. Complete the online STOW HSE Management System Self Check Questionnaire at http://www.energy.tt/questionnaire and bring the results to the workshop.
2. Download and familiarize yourself with the STOW Contractor Guidance Manual on the STOW homepage at http://stowtt.energy.tt
3. Download and familiarize yourself with the STOW Administration Manual on the homepage of the STOW website
4. Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the homepage of the STOW website
Facilitator: Mr Sydney Sears and Mr Dayanand Harridass
Contact: Natalie Reece or Keina Calliste at The Energy Chamber at 679-4784 or email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.